This week, Green Growth CPA has California cannabis updates from Capitola, Lassen County, Culver City, Contra Costa County and Los Angeles.
- Capitola is presenting a second reading of an ordinance for cannabis retail licenses. It amends a current retail commercial zoning code and will allow for retail cannabis to utilize commercial zoning districts. The city is also considering a local cannabis tax to be placed on the November ballot that would not exceed 7%.
- Lassen County is suggesting a general tax on commercial cannabis activity. Although commercial cannabis is not yet approved within Lassen county, this measure suggests the county is gearing up to allow for commercial cannabis business. The measure will likely be on the November ballot.
- Culver City will begin accepting applications for storefront retail cannabis business permits beginning July 23 through September 27, 2018. Apply for a Culver City cannabis business permit online portal at the application portal. All fees must be submitted to the city by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 5, 2018. Check back for more updates to come from Culver City!
- Contra Costa County approved an ordinance for a general tax on commercial cannabis activities. The city would also require a county health permit for commercial cannabis activities beginning in early August.
- Los Angeles will present the city’s social equity program on Tuesday, July 24, 2018. The meeting will detail the eligibility requirements for Phase 2 and provide further detail about the Phase 2 application process. A question and answer session will follow the presentation. The workshop will be held at Los Angeles Mission College located at 13356 Eldridge Ave, Sylmar, CA 91342 between 6 P.M. and 8 P.M. on Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
- To register for this workshop and updates, click here. If you’d like further details about the city of Los Angeles and their cannabis plan, check out our full write up on the city of Los Angeles.
- We will be hosting a free webinar on July 25th at 12pm PST. GreenGrowth CPAs will answer all of your cannabis business questions so that you can take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
If you’re interested in obtaining a cannabis business permit from one of the above cities/counties or another city within California, contact GreenGrowth CPAs today.