Cannabis Knowledge & Insights

IRS Form 5472 – Foreign Stakeholder Requirements

With the United States being the largest cannabis market in the world, it’s common to see cannabis companies with sizeable investments from foreign individuals and corporations.

If you have taken on foreign investment capital or have foreign owners/stakeholders in your cannabis business, then you will likely have to file Form 5472 with the IRS.

The penalties assessed against your company for not filing are incredibly high: $25k for every year you don’t report.

In this video, we will cover:

If you need help with determining if your cannabis business needs to file IRS Form 5472, then please reach out to us today or call 800-674-9050.

Get Started