This week we have exciting California cannabis news from the cities of American Canyon, Arroyo Grande, Blythe, Hillsborough, King City, Solvang, and Willows.
- American Canyon is considering a resolution to amend current municipal codes, including a “Cannabis Ordinance” that would consist of the following:
- A new commercial cannabis license
- Repealing chapter 19.51 Medical Marijuana
- Amend Chapter 19.05 Commercial, Industrial and Residential Use Classifications
- Amend a chapter to permit indoor cannabis cultivation in residential zoning districts
- Amend a chapter to permit commercial cannabis indoor cultivation, manufacturing, testing, microbusiness, and distribution in the General Industrial district
We will be sure to update you on the results of American Canyon’s council meeting in our next newsletter.
- Arroyo Grande has their city council meeting on Tuesday, August 14 where they will have a second reading and vote on the adoption of an ordinance. The ordinance could potentially remove local permit requirements for cannabis delivery services and clarify that deliveries must be from outside of the City. They will also discuss various delivery permits. We will be sure to update you on the results of the meeting in our next newsletter.
- Blythe is holding a city council meeting on August 14, 2018, which will address the following cannabis related items:
- A second reading and vote on the adoption of an ordinance that would add a zone where cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, testing, and distribution are allowed.
- Potentially adopt a proposed development that would include multiple units for cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, a dispensary, distribution center, and a cafe.
- The first reading of an ordinance that would authorize the issuance of an unlimited number of cannabis distribution permits.
We will be sure to update you on important city meeting results in our next newsletter.
- Hillsborough is holding a public hearing and second reading of an ordinance that will allow for medical and recreational deliveries in the city today (Monday, August 13). We will be sure to update you on the meeting results and discussions in our next newsletter.
- King City will have a second reading and vote on the adoption of two ordinances. The first ordinance could potentially allow for the addition of non-storefront cannabis retail sales permit for city use. The ordinance would only allow cities to deliver outside of King City limits. There would be no change to current codes that state deliveries to addresses within King City will remain prohibited. The second ordinance would amend the East Ranch Business Park Specific Plan and allow for the same ordinance changes as listed above. King City is hosting their next city council meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 14 so we will be sure to update you with pertinent results in our next newsletter.
- Solvang city council is introducing and reading an ordinance at their meeting today (Monday, August 13) that would allow medical cannabis dispensary, cultivation, manufacturing, testing, distribution, and transportation facilities that are owned and operated by nonprofit organizations in the C-3 zoning district. Adult-use commercial cannabis activities would remain prohibited. We will update you in next week’s newsletter with the results of the readings.
- Willows is holding a public hearing on Tuesday, August 14. The city will discuss allowing cannabis retail dispensaries. Find the full agenda here. Based on the results of the readings, we will be sure to update you in our next newsletter.
If you have questions about obtaining permits or licenses in the cities discussed today, please contact Green Growth CPA.
If you would like to discuss your licensing options regarding a different city in California, we would also love to speak with you.