Here’s what’s been going on in the state of California’s cannabis market.
San Luis Obispo County, California
San Luis Obispo passed new regulations effective April 25, 2019 concerning the registration process for cultivators in the industrial hemp market. We’ll be covering the status of the hemp market across California in a longer blog series starting this week – for now, here’s what you need to know about San Luis Obispo.
To register, commercial industrial hemp cultivators and seed breeders must submit their application and their fee in person to the Ag Commissioner’s San Luis Obispo Office at 2156 Sierra Way, Suite A. The check or cashier’s check for $900 must be payable to CDFA Cashier.
You must be approved by the Ag Commissioner’s Office before planting hemp in SLO County. Applications will be reviewed within 10 business days of submission. To be approved by the county, your application must meet the following requirements:
- A complete, accurate application (as described in FAC 81003/81004).
- Meet the requirements for approved seed cultivars as described in FAC 81002 & CCR 4920.
- Verify that you have not started planting before being approved by the SLO County Ag Commissioner’s Office (this may be confirmed by a site visit to your proposed planting location)
- Your planting site must meet the size limitations described in State law FAC 81006(a)
- Demonstrate the proper signage indicating that the plot is industrial hemp, as described in FAC 81006.
- “For those plots proposed that occur over the Paso Robles Groundwater Basin, confirmation from the San Luis Obispo County Planning Department that the proposed planting meets the requirements of the County’s Ag Offset Ordinance.:
For more information, and to download the registration form, visit the San Luis Obispo County hemp page.
New California Track-and-Trace FAQs Released
The California Department of Food and Agriculture released a new series of FAQs this week.
If you have any questions about METRC, read the document at the link or refer to our guide on everything you need to know about METRC Cannabis Tracking, Reporting & Compliance.
To get help with your cannabis license, please click the “Get Started” button below to contact our team.
Cannabis Business Co-Working Space in Downtown Los Angeles
To request space, please contact our team today.