We are looking for a knowledgeable individual for preparation of individual, corporation, partnership and other tax returns accurately. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of basic income tax laws and regulations, and are familiar with basic accounting and reporting standards. You must be good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. Candidates must be proficient, have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and clients. This position will work independently and as part of the team who serve our clients and exceed expectations. Candidates should be familiar with professional ethics of the AICPA and the State Board and applicable specialty organization.
The Tax Associate will report to the CEO.
- Prepare corporation, individual, partnership and other tax returns accurately.
- Learn research tools the firm has available and know how to utilize.
- Maintain accurate time records and descriptions of work performed for client billings.
- Apply self-diligence to learning and understanding technical skills and on the job practices and tax preparation process and procedures and provide training for interns.
- Develop and understand the client’s business.
- Willingly incorporate new ideas and procedures into daily work.
- Readjust priorities quickly as situations dictate or to meet the needs of others.
- Make the appropriate decisions based on a review of the facts.
- Understand the client’s business and unique industry aspects and be familiar with the services provided by the firm.
- Understand the importance of client independence and client confidentiality.
- Respond quickly to client’s inquiries and demands.
- Meet deadlines.
- Commit to quality and work cooperatively in teams to provide quality service to clients.
- Actively participate in all learning and development opportunities.
- Build positive relationships with client personnel and be professional in all dealings at peer client levels.
- Be familiar with professional ethics of the AICPA and the State Board and applicable specialty organization.
- Act in accordance with the firm’s vision and values.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
To be successful with our firm, you should have experience as a tax preparer and have consistently filed at least 50 returns a year. You must be Proficient in MS Office, QuickBooks, tax software (UltraTax or similar), and be comfortable with technology and using it to the fullest advantage. We require all of our team members to be trustworthy with attention to detail and confidentiality. You must have excellent communication skills and enjoy being part of a remote team.
Candidates with an Advanced Diploma in Taxation or Bachelor’s of Commerce in Taxation or Accounting will be considered first.